Sunday, June 26, 2011

Cooking Mishaps

A few weeks ago, Ben and I went to his uncle's house in Paradise, UT for the weekend so I could complete the 'Uncle Dale Test'. It consisted of a huge rope swing (which I almost hit a tree on...), horseback riding (which I loved), and a barn dance! I haven't been to a barn dance in forever. Anyways, at some point when I can figure out why my camera hates me, I'll put some pictures up, but not now.

Anyways, Ben's Aunt Donna made pancakes for breakfast on Sunday morning and she had fantastic homemade syrup that we all ate way more of than we should have...So I asked her for the recipe, which is absurdly simple. Being my overconfident self, I thought it would be a piece of cake to make, so I tried it this morning. For those of you that know how we cook in our family, 1t of vanilla usually translates to about 2 or 3 t. So of course I did that with the vanilla. But Mapleine is a totally different story. You should NOT put more than the recipe says....

We ended up with about twice as much syrup as I intended to make, due to the extra sugar and water I had to add to balance the Mapleine. But we have a life-time of syrup, and I don't think Ben will complain if we eat waffles more often to make up for it.

Also, we did just go to Hawaii, and it was fabulous, but I want to get the pictures before I post about all of those adventures. Hopefully they'll be up soon.

-Tasha

1 comment: